Construction & Engineering
Our Construction & Engineering Practice have strong expertise and broad experience in handling the full spectrum of construction and engineering advisory and dispute resolution work, including:
- Consortium or joint venture agreements
- Consultancy services agreements
- Project management agreements
- Operation and maintenance agreements
Key matters our lawyers have been involved in include:
- Acted for a major Vietnamese project developer in commencing legal action against a subcontractor firm in Malaysia for late delivery claim and breach of contract.
- Acted for a subcontractor firm in Malaysia in commencing legal action againstthe head contractor for dispute relaing to Liquidated Ascertained Damages (LAD) clause.
- Acted for Taisei Corporation in relation to the construction of the City Square development in Johor Bahru which involved deep excavation. The excavation allegedly cause land settlement in surrounding buildings including KOMTAR. A suit was commenced at the Johor Bahru High Court by the owners of KOMTAR to claim reinstatement as well as rental losses.